Monday 31 May 2021

Having #aphasia - being utterly boring...

If you would like to really understand another persons extreme change in the mental, physical and lack of confidence [ha - rather understated...zero confidence], see my own ‘report’ on me - about having aphasia. It was so much easier to tell people all about ovarian cancer. Because I could think comprehensively  - I employed humanism. I loved everyone.

In my mind, people should embrace other human achievements in education, classical arts, literature, science...all the things that I loved. And still love. For others - not simply for yourself.

I could read. Once. I would understand in a millisecond...chatter about anything. Book, design, countries I went off to work in and lived in - people whom I knew, understood and loved. Or at least emphasised. Giving others importance. Making other peoples ideas more clearly defined. Argue. Discuss. I loved it. And the people I met love me back.

Firstly - LOOK IT UP! It is not something that we ‘get over’. We get a bit better. If we are lucky. Myself? Hmm.

So, I have that, plus [tada] a big fat interesting chaos inside my marvellous head. There is the Mind. And, the is the Brain. 

My cunning plot is to make sure that when I try to use a word, and I don’t “understand” or “remember” the word [but I KNOW I know that bloody word....] I make sure that I get that word out of my mind, into the “I Refuse” #brain. 

Then; repeat. All day. 

Today I suddenly had the word: eTHa. And I knew it. But I couldn’t definite it. Or spell it. 🤬

It is a very interesting word. A common activator of Thiocarbamide - containing drugs acting on different Mycobacterial targets. Things you learn at high school. And when you have interesting drugs that you take for “mental Anything attacks”.

It used to be a chemical compound. Ethanol. Volatile. Definitely volatility in my that it ‘goes away’. Anyway - another day with many things happening...another word slapped onto the aphasia, and happily put back in my mind.

#onwardandupward


No comments:

Post a Comment