Monday 3 May 2021

patience gains the day...

This week my #brilliantbrain found a fabulous 'new' word...'retrospect'! 

Getting ''new words'' is a rather interesting thing for aphasia people, as we all know, all these words were in our brains initially, all our life. Until I had a brain 'injury' [that word really is irritating]

But with this? Ha. Half the time, we can't remember our own names. And NO...this doesn't happen to us all 'as we get older'. When people say that? Not too clever.

Something that I have not been capable of doing for 7 years. Capture the words that I have sort of lost. It just doesn’t stop moving forward with the things that are inside my head - but hidden away. Softly, softly, catchee monkey....

Last night I watched 'the Officer and a Gentleman' - a wonderful old film with Richard Gere and Debra Winger. And so many memories popped into my head from that time in 1982! 

And I am SO happy that even NOW my #mind and my #brain STILL recollect things that I thought I had lost.

Lord Baden-Powell also said: "don’t flurry; patience gains the day." Sometimes it is hard to proceed 'cautiously' in order to achieve you own objectives. I am horribly impatient. I certainly 'flurry' - a lot...I have always thought that life is so short! So many things to see and do. So many wonderful people to meet. 

And yet. After ones life changes - there are so many people who are rather uninteresting - they distress others in their own thoughtlessness.

And like doing all the things you did before the horrendous brain operation. Sometimes I feel I have become lost. 

But I am very impatient. Sometimes angry. Despairing. Sad. Violent.

Other days? I am the happiest person in the world. 


#gettingbetter #braininjury #survivor #aphasia 

No comments:

Post a Comment