Monday 17 September 2018

I could easily say a ‘blue banana’…

blue_banana

Well, the very first new blog [done by a total head case] has been rather interesting. Very few people actually saw it, read it or bothered about it. Pretty cool - I like it that eventually I will remove at least 200 people of the 416 that I have at the moment!

This was a brilliant weekend as I have removed loads of rubbish from my computer. Masses of photos and Living with Aphasia folders. And random other stuff. Boom boom!

Then I went shopping at Debenhams! It’s so wicked to actually be able to order things from the shops again - love it. I hate actually ‘shopping’ in the real world. But putting it onto the credited card is quite exciting! It all arrives at the house - and I don’t have to go shopping in the street - yes!! Another success that’s for sure.

‘As there are stars in the sky, Aphasia attacks you in so many different ways.’ I am being helped by ‘reading’ [reading…hmm] a fellow who is writing a blog for another women who has aphasia. It is helping me to understand how much aphasia actually affects you. It is so much better now that I can actually ‘think’ about what is going on – it’s still pretty irritating, but I think I am noticing that sometimes I should really try to STOP and think.

Thinking is quite difficult if you have to try to ‘understand’ something. So far, it is ‘reread’ the blog. I am starting to not bother? That’s not very useful….so I’ll just stop today. Must talk about my bike next!

#aphasia
#thinkinghard
#hopeIcandothis!



1 comment:

  1. I just can't imagine how frustrating it must be. I'd never heard of aphasia before till it happened to you - it's shocking how little awareness there is. It sounds exhausting, having to stop and think about everything before you can understand it - especially when you were so used to do everything before at such a fast pace. Though, shopping from home - now that's definitely a bonus!! Keep it up Sandhy, lots of us are reading and supporting from afar 💕

    ReplyDelete