Sunday 17 January 2021

Planning a cycle in 2021!

Help me to fund raise for Force! 😊🚴‍♂️
https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Sandhy_Robinson-Jones2021


A long time ago I had a
blog.

I had ovarian cancer, stage 3b in February 2008. Interesting - I though it was the worse possible thing that could have happened to me, other than I died of a nervous breakdown for being so worried about dying of cancer. Or my wonderful FH also having a breakdown too.

If only I knew then what happened since? I would have chuckled all the way through my cancer treatment, the incredible after care that I was given - the way that everything was explained, shown and everyone helped me. With all the kind and beautiful people who dealt with me in the hospital, I felt so empowered. I was going to survive.

At that time, I loved the hospital! And everyone in it too. Because I was still ‘here’.

Then, I could speak in constructive ways. I could make the things that I wanted to tell you into something that helped me to express my feelings and my life and to make sure that it was comprehensible. And I wanted to help other women that had the same thing - ovarian cancer. At that point, no one thought any of us would survive.

But we did.

I had masses of blog friends. Some of which I still have now. A wonderful thing to find friends. A wonderful thing to manage to cope with the cancer. A wonderful thing to be happy even when you are struggling with a horrible disease.

My fab 10-year design job in Europe had to come to an end - to many operations, chemo and rather difficult for a while. Hard to walk after chemo - exhausted and I became quite over weight. And feeling like crap. Walking to the local shop I had to stop half way up the little hill to cope. It made me determined.

This is now a way for me to try to blog again. Determination.

For you - I have aphasia, which is a really frustrating thing for writing, reading, speaking…and for anyone who does NOT have it - no, you cannot EVER understand what it feels like. And I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. Ever. A subarachnoid haemorrhage / brain aneurysm and a small stroke 4 days later made me slightly pissed off.

Aphasia is one of those things that happens when you brain gets damaged. In different ways. And everyone is different afterwards.

I am going to push this up while I am trying to find some money for our brilliant Force. I will be [hopefully!] cycling the Nello in June. In the meantime, I am going to try to explain what happened to me in 2014. And to explain that having cancer help me to have a brain injury. A little mad do you think? Hmm.

It could all rather interesting - or it may be a tad boring…if the words are ridiculously pointless [to you] and they are not able to be understood; run away. Do not look back.

Aphasia makes your speech different - if you CAN speak. And the brain gets damaged, which means your entire core changes. Hello friends - the ones that are still here.

If it is even interesting at all, have a read - I shall be trundling out more of my Dramatic Life for the  blog. And for the people who are remotely interested.

Boom boom - see how I go! 💪🦸‍♀️

No comments:

Post a Comment